Now that you know who your clients are, the next question is: where can you find them? Knowing who they are should give you direction. If your clients work a 9-5 job, where can you find them after hours? Are they at the gym? On the golf course? Are they working moms who are attending soccer games and dance recitals? Equally important is understanding their social media habits. Are they posting their kids’ pictures on Facebook or Instagram? Connecting with other professionals on Twitter? Are you going to meet them at networking events or at the neighborhood swim meet?
It isn’t just enough to know where to find your clients. You must also know what to say when you interact with them. Here’s what not to say, “Hello ideal client… I’ve been looking for you everywhere. Please buy my product! You will love it!”
Instead, make the conversation all about them. Here are some questions to ask:
- What are their major pain points and challenges?
- What solutions have they tried and how did it work out?
- What are their dreams and goals?
- What are their fears? What is holding them back?
Next ask yourself:
- What are they doing wrong that they believe is the right thing to do?
- How can I help them change directions and be more successful?
- What can I offer my clients and how can I let them know that I understand and care? Is there a personal story or experience that I can share to validate my service?
- What is a sample that I can share with them to let them know that I can offer help and relief? (this can be a free or low cost sample product, a complementary call or consult).
- How can I best serve them?
Always remember that you are building a relationship first and selling your product second. Knowing who your clients are, where they hang out and what to say to them when you connect is the best way to build that relationship and your business.
Thinking about Dream Achiever Coaching? Do it now. Be vulnerable and trust the process. Don’t see this as a program but as a way to find out who you are and what you need and want for your own future. I leave each call feeling validated, supported and more confident in my ability to solve my own problems and take my own next steps. ~Heather Gill
What’s next for you? Let’s talk… Schedule a Complementary Coaching Call here: